By default when you edit a column AdapTable will show whichever cell editor you stipulated for that column when you set up AG Grid.
However, the EditLookUpItems property of the User Interface section of Adaptable Options lets you stipulate that a column will automatically display a Dropdown when being edited.
You can provide 3 types of values for a column:
Simply list the columns that should display a Dropdown in the and Adaptable will do the rest. If you wish, you may also provide a list of values to display in the dropdown.
- No Values:The Dropdown will be populated with the distinct values for the column (or Permitted Values if they have been provided)
- List of Values:Provide a list of values to show in the Dropdown
If no values are provided then the Dropdown will be populated
This example shows 4 column dropdowns:
- Cust Ref (which is given a list of 15 values to show)
- Contact (which is empty and therefore populated via Permitted Values - which are supplied)
- Employee (which is empty - and has no Permitted values - so gets distinct column values dynamically).
- ShipName (which uses the supplied function to get the values to display in the Dropdown).