Export and Report Options
You can export your grid data from AdapTable via Reports - either pre-shipped or custom created - to a number of different destinations.
There are 3 types of Reports you can export via AdapTable
- System Reports: These are reports that ship with AdapTable - include All Data, Visible Data and Selected Cells and Rows
- User Reports: Reports created at design-time or run-time which include an 'Expression' that will run a query against data in the grid each time the report is run.
- Custom Reports: Reports that run according to a function provided by devs at design-time; the data (or columns) do not consequently need to be in AdapTable when the report runs.
Each report can be exported to a number of different destinations, namely:
- Excel: Opens an Excel file with the report data (if the report is 'Visible Data' grouping information will be included)
- CSV: Standard CSV format (comma separated)
- Clipboard: Including Column headers
- JSON: As an array of arrays
- ipushpull: Sends data to ipushpull and from there to Symphony and elsewhere - see ipushpull demo (requires ipushpull Plugin)
- Glue42: Sends data to excel via Glue42 ensuring 2 way data updates and full validation while editing in Excel (requires Glue42 Plugin)
- OpenFin: Sends data to excel via OpenFin ensuring Excel updates automatically as the grid ticks (requires OpenFin Plugin)
- Custom: The developer provides the name of the destination (and form metadata) in Predefined Config and a function to be implemented to be called by AdapTable.
You can schedule reports so that they export at particular times (e.g. on a certain date, or daily at a particular time).